Living Trust Services
What is a Living Trust?
A living trust holds goods and property, on your behalf, for your beneficiaries. In the eyes of the law, a trust is seen as its own separate entity. Living trusts are formed by trustors, or grantors (you!). During your lifetime, you can maintain control of your trust and everything in it as its trustee. Upon your death, the successors that you designate take control of the trust. They can then distribute the assets within it according to the guidelines that you lay out in the trust documents.
What can a Living Trust do for me?
1. Probate avoidance. In Arizona, when an individual dies with an estate worth over $75,000, that estate must go through probate court. This proceeding can be lengthy, and sometimes expensive.
2. Privacy. Probate court proceedings are public. This means that any documents produced during the process, including wills, asset lists and financial reports, become a matter of public record. In contrast, any assets under the control of a living trust are exempt from probate court proceedings.
3. Asset control. Any assets controlled by a living trust are trust property. During your lifetime you serve as trustee over that property. Upon your death, those assets are then subject to the instructions for distribution that you laid out in the trust. At no point during your lifetime do you have to give up control of your estate
Here at Quick Stop Government Services, we recognize how important it is to have a good estate plan! A revocable living trust agreement can help protect your estate by providing your loved ones with a clear outline to follow after your passing, reducing the potential for conflict. It can also serve to keep your estate out of probate court, protect your privacy and allow for faster distribution of assets. Every estate plan is going to look different! Our team will sit down with you and prepare documents for you that best serve your individual goals and needs.
A comprehensive estate plan is not complete without end of life planning! Our package includes an advance healthcare directive, which is an essential collection of documents that outline your healthcare wishes, should you be unable to speak for yourself. We will also help you designate agents who can step forward and act on your behalf, should the need arise.
Funding your trust can be time consuming, but here at Quick Stop, we strive to make the process easy. Your documents will come meticulously organized, complete with instructions and tools that make them simple to use. We can transfer your house into the trust, and as a third party provider for the ADOT Motor Vehicle Division, we can also transfer your vehicles, should you choose.
What We Offer:
- Revocable Living Trust
- Certification of Trust
- Pourover Will
- Durable/Financial Power of Attorney
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
- Living Will
- HIPAA Waiver
- Memorandum of Personal Property
- 1 Quitclaim Deed into Trust + recording
- Memorial Instructions
- Assignment of Personal Property
- Digital Assets Spreadsheet
- Asset Spreadsheet (Excel File)
- Trust ID Cards
- Flash Drive with PDF copies of documents
- Quitclaim and Beneficiaries Deeds
- Assignment of Beneficial Interest
- Self-Funding Toolkit
- Guardianship Packages for minor children
- AZ Directive Registry
Make an Appointment!
Make an appointment with one of our friendly providers! Either walk in to one of our stores, call us over the phone, or reserve your spot online. We look forward to sitting down with you, and discussing your estate planning goals.
Sun City Location
9817 West Bell Road
Sun City, Arizona 85351
Lake Havasu City Location
1641 Mesquite Avenue #102
Lake Havasu City, Arizona 86403