AriZona travel id

What is the new Travel ID?

The Arizona Travel ID is the credential that complies with the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. It is available as both a driver license and an identification card. There is a gold star embedded in the card to show that the cardholder has provided added proof of identification to ensure the license or ID meets strict federal requirements.

Note: Rules for international travel are unchanged, and a valid passport or its equivalent will be required to travel outside the United States.

A useful link to verify if you have the correct documents can be found here or, for your convenience, please reference the list below.

1. One (1) Primary Identification Document:

  • Birth Certificate

  • U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad (FS240,545 or DS-1350)

  • Unexpired U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport card

  • Permanent Resident Card/Resident Alien Card I-551

  • Unexpired USCIS Employment Authorization Document

  • I-94 form with an unexpired foreign passport and an unexpired U.S. Visa (excluding Visa Waiver program participants)

  • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization/U.S. Certificate of Citizenship

2. Two (2) Proofs of Residency in AZ:

  • 2 Utility bills, documents, or mail from a business, organization, or government agency that shows your name and physical residential address in the post office format

3. Possession of or Knowledge of your Social Security Number

4. Proof of name change, if applicable. 

If your name is different from your primary document, you must show legal proof of the name change. You must first change your name with the Social Security Administration (at least 24 hours prior).

Acceptable Name Change Documents:

  • Marriage License/ Certificate (Last Name)

  • Divorce Decree (Restored Last Name)

  • Court Ordered Name Change for:

    • An adult

    • A family

    • A minor child

  • Adoption Decree


Provide two of the following documents to prove that a name change has already taken place.  

  • Driver License, ID, or Instruction Permit issued by any State or US Territory

  • Social Security Card

  • US Military Active Duty/Dependent ID Card

  • US Armed Forces Driver License

  • US Department of Veterans Affairs Card

  • Medical Insurance ID Card (including AHCCCS)

Please note: Customers cannot change their first names with these documents.

Visit Quick Stop Government Services to get your Travel ID today!